Skip to main content

Traffic question ( Los Angeles)

Los Angeles, CA |

I failed to appear at a traffic ticket, I had a civil assessment placed and a failure to appear, I then got a letter saying my license was suspended. I went to court and was able to get the failure to appear dropped and the civil assessment was forgiven. Is the DMV automatically put on notice by the court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


DMV should be notified that you have cleared up the FTA. To be safe I would obtain an abstract from the court and take it to DMV directly so that you know they have received the paperwork.


They "should be" "notified".
We live in a very not perfect world.
In NY we recommend people keep that "receipt" or "notice of appearance" from the court for at lest 6 months.
Keep it with your license to show police and courts in case of computer mix ups or lack of communication.

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)


The DMV is given notice by court that the fta has been cleared up once an abstract is issued. Can take 24-48 hours. You probably still have to fight ticket. Do not forget about that date.

Andrew Roberts

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer