Traffic Infraction

Orlando, FL |

Received a ticket for flashing headlights for notifying other drivers of a speed trap. If I challenge this ticket, can I prevail?

1. Did you tell the officer who wrote the ticket this? What did you say your reson for flashing the lights was? I need more information. WHatever you do, I would not go to the court pro se and say that in court. Hire a local attorney to appear for you. If she or he can't get the ticket thrown out, she or he may be able to get you a withhold of adjudication- depending how you conducted yourself when pulled over and how you spoke to the police.

Sincerely,

James Regan, LL.M, Esq.
    http://www.defendme.net

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.

2. If you did not admit to the cop that you were flashing your lights on purpose to warn other motorists, then you have a good chance of beating the ticket. If you have a good driving record, I would recommend hiring an attorney to challenge the ticket so that you can at least try for a withhold of adjudication (no points on your license), even if you lose the traffic hearing itself. Feel free to call me at 407-412-7040 for a free phone consultation (just say you saw my post on Avvo.com).

Responses should not be relied upon for legal decision making. One should contact a lawyer and establish an attorney-client privilege to rely on legal advice. Any communication here is NOT considered attorney-client privilege and is not confidential.

3. Challenge it - by hiring a traffic attorney. Check out the link to a memo released last year by the FHP director that directs all troopers to cease enforcement of headlight flashing violations.

Avvo.com answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at www.drivenlegal.com.