Traffic Citation Section 3111 a

Philadelphia, PA |

I have received Traffic Citation ( Obedience to Traffic control devices) for speeding, but COP said it will not have any effect on my driving record and I won't receive any points. I have to pay $112 as fine. My question is that will it show on my record?

It is a non-point offense and will not show up on a certified driving record.

I m confused the attorney who answered before he said it will show on your record...

Christopher M. Patterson

Christopher M. Patterson

Assuming you do not have a CDL, non-point, non-suspension offenses do not appear on the on the certified driving history issued by PennDOT. A docket record of the matter will appear on the PA UJS web portal, which is the website of the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts website. These are separate data bases.

Sorry I got another question, if I go to Court and lose. Can they give me points and put on my record?

Christopher M. Patterson

Christopher M. Patterson

If you go to court and lose the 3111a violation, you will receive no points. However, if you go to court the prosecutor can attempt to amend the citation to a point offense. My advice is just to pay the ticket and count your blessings.

Thanks for the help. But the Cop gave me wrong ticket he said I was driving 62 mph in 40 mph. I am 100% sure I was driving near 45 mph and car I was driving cannot go that fast. so I am thinking of going to ticket.

Yes it will show but it is a non-moving violation. It is no points unless you are an out of state driver. You should thank the cop for the break.

I agree with Mr. Klien's assessment .