Trademark cancellation proceeding before USPTO

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

What happen when a petitioner in above proceeding makes a claim in civil court/federal about the same allegations that are before the TTAB in above proceeding? Does the civil court automatically stay the proceeding before it to let the TTAB proceed or what? Does the defendant/registrant for the proceeding have to say something even though the complaint before it states that it is in the TTAB?

1. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

1

Answered . We already answered you and now you have it backwards? Told you that you were in hopelessly over your head. Get a lawyer before you screw this up beyond repair.

2. Alexander H Butterman

Pro

Answered . Are you the same person who asked the question that was answered at this page of the Avvo site (see below)? If so, check out those answers because I believe they pretty well answer this question as well.

The only difference between these questions are the exact verbatim wording and the location claimed by each asker - Los Angeles and Miami (hmmm..both nice, warm coastal cities).