TPS for Syria

Asked over 1 year ago - Irvine, CA

They extend the TPS for Syrian people today. My question is if my mom come now from Syria to stay with me can i apply for her TPS? They said Syrian might be eligible for TPS under the re-designation if he or she has continuously resided in the United States since June 17, 2013 and has been continuously physically present in the United States since Oct. 1, 2013. What does that mean?
Thank you

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Yes, but it is not proper to come for purposes of seeking TPS.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . This looks like a repeat question.

Since she wasn't here on June 17 ... she can't apply.

3. Natalia Polukhtin

4

Answered . I assume, your mother cannot get to the US on the day of redesignation, I.e. June 17, 2013. Therefore, even if she subsequently enters the US using some sort of a non-immigrant visa, she will not be able to get a TPS protection. Further, there is may be an issue with misrepresentation at the time of entry.