Totally disabled; NJ HUD "housing choice voucher"; notice to quit; poor credit; no $ 2 move or security deposit.

Jersey City, NJ |

if sued 4 eviction, & damages exceed security dep, can LL seize my car 2 pay balance? Can I buy back car if there is balance between LL damages & car value?

Depends on the suit venue. L/T court can only grant possession of the unit, not money damages. The other possible venues can give a money judgment and your LL can enforce it.

The landlord must first seek a judgment. He then may seek to enforce the judgment by asking the court to seize and sell our assets. It is a possisbility - but would take a long time.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Recommended articles about Real estate