Totally disabled; NJ HUD "housing choice voucher"; notice to quit; poor credit; no $ 2 move or security deposit.

Asked over 2 years ago - Jersey City, NJ

if sued 4 eviction, & damages exceed security dep, can LL seize my car 2 pay balance? Can I buy back car if there is balance between LL damages & car value?

1. Answered . Depends on the suit venue. L/T court can only grant possession of the unit, not money damages. The other possible venues can give a money judgment and your LL can enforce it.

2. Answered . The landlord must first seek a judgment. He then may seek to enforce the judgment by asking the court to seize and sell our assets. It is a possisbility - but would take a long time.