Tortious interference with an advantageous business relationship.

Boca Raton, FL |

I had a property manager who managed my Association. He sent intimidating, insulting emails to me when the condo president forwarded my email about him to the property mgr. My email to the board was basically that the mgr was a liar -which I have proof- and his job performance was terrible. I sent those emails from the mgr to whom I believe were his clients. I read the five elements of tortious interference. I believe I was justified in sending those emails to his clients to let them know what kind of character he is. What do you think? I found out what kind of person he was from another person who used to use his services. The complaint also did not mention how he was damaged.

1. Sounds like there is already a complaint filed against you ? Find a local attorney to help quickly.

Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. Moore & Moore Attorneys at Law -- thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com

2. If you have been served with a lawsuit the time for you to respond is ticking away. If you do not respond you risk a default judgment. If you have homeowners insurance, renters insurance contact your insurance carrier and see if there is coverage. Sit down with an attorney in your area, truth is a defense to any claim. Good luck

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

3. Your description of what took place is a little confusing, but feel free to contact my office to discuss further and give you some more detailed legal advice.

4. Whether you are right or wrong in your written statements about this person is not the immediate issue. If you are sued, you must defend and you must stand the costs of that. You might win. Get a lawyer.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.