Top neurosurgeons in CT. said the my surgeon used wrong screws, wrong placement which cracked my vertebra. Do I have a case?

I had cervical fusion and told the doctor under no circumstances to touch the more than two levels. I had four surgeons check all film and reports prior to my operation, all agreed. Against my wishes and all of the advice of other doctors he fused an extra level. My pain is now agony and in places I never had pain and at levels higher than before. The hospital lawyer refuses to give me anything I signed allowing this extended surgery to happen. In fact I sent the Doctor three letters, one certified, one faxed and one by email telling him not to touch that level. Can he operate on anything he wants when you are unconscious? He also put two screws in wrong and cracked my C7 vertebrae. The C6 screw is too low and fusion cannot occur. He forgot to put one other screw on that holds the plate.

Yonkers, NY -

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bellmore, NY

Your medical records must be reviewed by an attorney that handles medical malpractice cases, and by a New York Orthopoedist. It is possible that the informed consent that you signed for the one surgery authorized the surgeon to go higher if necessary. Even if so, that wouldn't negate the use of the wrong screws or the improper placement of screws.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

A local med mal lawyer can order your medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

You have an absolute right under the Public Health Law to a copy of your medical records. Consuilt with a medical malpractice attorney.

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Bronx, NY

Ask those you trust and respect, search New York state trial lawyers, New York academy of trial lawyers, Avvo is also a good reason. Interview a few, and look to retain the one you are most comfortable with and confident in. There is no one size fits all. Don't know when/where this happened so I am concerned about filing deadlines. All the best, jeff

George Costas Andriotis

George Costas Andriotis

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tarpon Springs, FL

You need a medical practice attorney to investigate you medical care and advise you.

Michael Wayne Goldstein

Michael Wayne Goldstein

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

You may have a good med mal case. Pls reply with date of surgeries, what hospital, what surgeon. Keep in mind that strict deadlines apply to med mal,cases, so you need to hire atty ASAP.