Today when I arrived home there was a business card from a Senior Investigator of the 17th Judicial District. What do i do?

Asked about 1 year ago - Denver, CO

The business card did not have any writing on it. It was just their blank business card.

1. Carina M. Jenkins

7

Best Answer

Answered . You should be very careful speaking with this investigator as he works for the prosecutors office. He/she may make it sound like they are only investigating a crime, but later use your statements against you. However, these investigators often looking to speak with witnesses, so they may believe that you were a witness to a crime.

You do not have to return the call, but they may try to contact you again. If you think you may be suspected or tied to a crime, or are nervous about speaking with the investigator, it is advisable to avoid talking to them until you consult an attorney about the specific details of your concerns. If the investigator contacts you and you do not want to speak to them, you can tell them that or ask to have your attorney present.

2. Stephen Clark Harkess

Pro

9

Answered . If you are a witness to something, you may want to call the investigator to see what they need. If you have ANY reason to suspect that you may be the subject of a criminal investigation, you MUST get an attorney and you SHOULD NOT make any statement to any law enforcement officer or investigator under any circumstances.

3. Celia R Reed

3

Answered . I would call and ask why the card was left. If you are being investigated, do not answer any questions. Retain your own counsel first. They may just want to rule out information or find out if you have knowledge of a case in which you are not a suspect. You won't know unless you call.