To vacate an order for a parenting plan signed under duress and pressure, do I need to included case law?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lake Worth, FL

I am filling a motion to vacate an order, do I need to include any references to case law? If so, where would I find it? Do I need to include details for proof of duress in the motion, or is that presented in court? Thank you.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. James Richard Young III

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to hire an experienced family law attorney. Overturning an agreed upon Parenting Plan is a tall order for the finest attorney. You have little to no chance of doing it on your own.

    The above is opinion based on very limited facts and not legal advice. This is not a substitute for a... more
  2. Josh P Tolin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you are trying to do this on your own, and do not even know how to begin to research this, you have no chance at all of winning. Lawyers here try to answer questions, not teach people how to research or practice law. Please do yourself a favor and hire a good family law attorney. If you can't afford one, go to legal aid.

  3. Clifford M. Miller


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes to both questions. And the motion has to be persuasive.

    This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client... more
  4. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes

    You will have to spend considerable hours doing legal research, but first you'd have to s

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,580 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,580 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering