TO OWN LAND YOU MUST HAVE DEEDS RIGHT

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

SO WHAT IS AIRED PROPERTY

1. Michael T Millar

Pro

5

Answered . Although a deed is the most typical way of conveying a property interest, it is not the only way. For example, a judgment can convey a property interest and can be recorded in the land records.

I am not sure what you mean by "aired property".

I suspect you mean inherited property ("heir property").

If someone bequeaths a property interest in real property - or dies without a will and someone has an interest in the property by laws of intestate succession - the heir becomes a legal owner only when the estate conveys a deed to the new owner(s) - the heir(s).

2. Alan Dean Tysinger

Pro

2

Answered . Possession of the deed document is not the real issue. The deed is a public record of ownership transfer. If the property is passed to an heir, then obviously the person who died would not be issuing a deed to that person, but the administrator of the estate would file paperwork as part of the estate process which would transfer ownership to that heir.