TO OWN LAND YOU MUST HAVE DEEDS RIGHT

Houston, TX |

SO WHAT IS AIRED PROPERTY

Although a deed is the most typical way of conveying a property interest, it is not the only way. For example, a judgment can convey a property interest and can be recorded in the land records.

I am not sure what you mean by "aired property".

I suspect you mean inherited property ("heir property").

If someone bequeaths a property interest in real property - or dies without a will and someone has an interest in the property by laws of intestate succession - the heir becomes a legal owner only when the estate conveys a deed to the new owner(s) - the heir(s).

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Possession of the deed document is not the real issue. The deed is a public record of ownership transfer. If the property is passed to an heir, then obviously the person who died would not be issuing a deed to that person, but the administrator of the estate would file paperwork as part of the estate process which would transfer ownership to that heir.

Wills and estates topics