To continue my business in long term what visa status or resident-ship I need to acquire?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Charlotte, NC

I am currently on L2 visa (valid till 2015) in US and I am planning to start a small business with my EAD which is valid till 2014.

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . What can be done cannot be determined piecemeal and without facts.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

2. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

Answered . E-2, if your country of citizenship qualifies.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  3. Karin Wolman

Pro

Answered . If the US does not have a qualifying treaty of friendship, commerce &navigation with your home country, (the basis for an E-2 visa), then you need to be a permanent resident. The L-2 unrestricted EAD is not a long- term solution for a start-up business, and all potential paths to residence need to be explored. You and your L-1 spouse need to consult with an attorney to identify the options available to you.