To continue my business in long term what visa status or resident-ship I need to acquire?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Charlotte, NC

I am currently on L2 visa (valid till 2015) in US and I am planning to start a small business with my EAD which is valid till 2014.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . What can be done cannot be determined piecemeal and without facts.

    You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Chong Hae Ye


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . E-2, if your country of citizenship qualifies.

    The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  3. Karin Wolman


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . If the US does not have a qualifying treaty of friendship, commerce &navigation with your home country, (the basis for an E-2 visa), then you need to be a permanent resident. The L-2 unrestricted EAD is not a long- term solution for a start-up business, and all potential paths to residence need to be explored. You and your L-1 spouse need to consult with an attorney to identify the options available to you.

    This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,897 answers this week

3,056 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,897 answers this week

3,056 attorneys answering