To contest the Citation 3111(A)

Asked almost 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I have received Traffic Citation ( Obedience to Traffic control devices) for speeding,The Cop said in 40 MPH zone I was on 62 MPH. I want to contest the ticket because I was not going@ that speed, I was around 45 MPH. The car I was driving cannot go that fast. Now my question is that I am going to Court if I am found Guilty, can they put this on my record and give me points. Now I am having Citation under Section 3111 and Sub section A, it doesn't give any points for sure but I am not sure will it show on record.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I too agree with my colleague. Normally, a 311(a) is not given unless you contest the ticket in court. Also, it will not appear on your record.

  2. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Seems like the officer may have cut you a break as many moving violation tickets get reduced to 311(a). Be careful what you write on these sites as well. I know you want to contest this, but even in your question you admit to speeding. This is something that I recommend you sit down and discuss with an attorney so you know your rights and options.

  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. If you are charged with a 3111, this is a non point violation. It will not affect your license.

  4. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You already admit speeding so you are best off paying the $100 fine and be on your way. This is even less of a fine than 45 Ina 40. Also, if you have a car that doesn't go over 45 mph then it is most likely broken, in disrepair and you should probably not be driving it. Driving a broken vehicle is unsafe to you and all other on the road.

Related Topics

Traffic tickets

A traffic ticket is issued for moving or non-moving vehicle violations. Potential consequences include fines, license penalties, traffic school, or jail.

Kenneth Albert Vercammen

Careless Driving

39:4-97. A person who drives a vehicle carelessly, or without due caution and circumspection, in a manner so as to endanger, or be likely to endanger, a person or property, shall be guilty... more

Speeding tickets

A speeding ticket is given for driving faster than the posted speed limit, including on roads with variable speed limits, which change with conditions.

Gregory Maurice Wagner

Speeding infractions

What to look for in defending you speeding infraction. Citation Look at citaion to see if officer has indicated what type of speed measuring device was use to determine the speed of the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,531 answers this week

3,809 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,531 answers this week

3,809 attorneys answering