To C.Campbell,my only account I have is where my social security benenfit is directly deposited,no other money is deposited

Asked over 1 year ago - Peoria, AZ

I only have 1 ssi check monthly and there is never other monies deposited from any other place or person,so since that is the case,you are saying they cannot garnish the account because its ssi money only,no othere money is deposited to that account

1. Clint Curtis

4

Answered . If that is the case then you are correct. The money can not be garnished for any regular debts. It is best to inform the bank if a judgement is entered just to make sure that the account has no interruptions. If you are served for a court case, make sure you go so that the judge does not order a garnishment without realizing that the funds are exempt. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of repair.

2. Clifford Michael Farrell

2

Answered . My colleague is correct. Keep all other money out fo the account where SSI or SSDI money is deposited

3. Gerald Gregory Lutkenhaus

1

Answered . If your money is "only" Social Security or SSI it is exempt from garnishment.