To bring a girl on K-1 visa or after marriage, how much income or savings do I need?

Carrollton, TX |

2 questions, and 2 parts to each question:

If I bring a girl to the US on a K-1 [fiancee] visa:
1. and don't have a job, how much in savings do I need to have for her to get the visa and come here to get married?
2. if I have a job but was previously unemployed and just started working, how much do I need to be current making every month?

If I get married to a foreigner:
1. and don't have a job, how much in savings do I need to have for her to get the visa and come here?

Also, what is the difference [with respect to her coming here] between a K-1 visa, and getting married abroad and then bringing her here?

Thanks in advance for replying!!

Visit USCIS form I-864P for information on income vis a vis household size. Also read instructions on USCIS form I-864 where it is well explained as to the ratio between the income and assets, which in its simplified version means $5 in savings for each $1 in earnings.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. I agree with my colleague. Consular processing is complicated and you should consult an immigration attorney.

3. You need enough to support her, 125% of the poverty line at least.

4. If you are a US citizen and you are sponsoring your spouse, you will need to have assets that are 3 (three) times the difference between your income and the poverty guideline. Read the instructions on form I-864 and also read I-864P which lists the poverty guidelines.

Marriage and prenups topics