Skip to main content

To apply to adjust my status to that of a permanent resident of the United States.

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I am a US citizen and applying for my fiancé to become a permanent resident of US. He is on RK1 fiancé visa and we just got married two weeks ago, beside the I-485 form what other form do I need to submit?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. An attorney will likely not answer this question directly. Providing you an answer can subject an attorney to liability should something go wrong with the processing of your applicaiton.

    Additionally, the knowledge and experience in handling such types of cases is the very foundation by which immigration attorneys maintain jobs. Providing an answer to your question would eliminate part of the services immigration attorneys provide in representing immigrants and their family members.

    I encourage you to hire an attorney and ensure that the immigration process is handled correctly rather than causing delays in it for failure to understand the process.

    Good luck!

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics