To apply for visitor visa .. Do I need to disclose that my sister is in u.s.a.? Even if we don't have relations..

Philadelphia, PA |

I am from India . I study in final year of college. I want to apply for visitor visa for the tourism purpose. My parents stay in India only. I am unmarried and have 2 more years of study to finish to pursue my diploma. I have heard that if we tell embassy people that we have relatives there. They don't approve the visa. So my question is do I need to tell them that I have a sister there ?As such we are not in much contact she is married and has her own family.
And one more thing is if I have to disclose this how are u doing ? Do I do it ?

Yes, Sir. You do.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Yes, you must disclose any relatives in the US on the visa application.

You must answer all the questions on the application fully and truthfully.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration