To apply for visitor visa .. Do I need to disclose that my sister is in u.s.a.? Even if we don't have relations..

Asked almost 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I am from India . I study in final year of college. I want to apply for visitor visa for the tourism purpose. My parents stay in India only. I am unmarried and have 2 more years of study to finish to pursue my diploma. I have heard that if we tell embassy people that we have relatives there. They don't approve the visa. So my question is do I need to tell them that I have a sister there ?As such we are not in much contact she is married and has her own family.
And one more thing is if I have to disclose this how are u doing ? Do I do it ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, Sir. You do.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Christian Schmidt

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, you must disclose any relatives in the US on the visa application.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You must answer all the questions on the application fully and truthfully.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

19,404 answers this week

2,550 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

19,404 answers this week

2,550 attorneys answering