To apply for visitor visa .. Do I need to disclose that my sister is in u.s.a.? Even if we don't have relations..

Asked almost 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I am from India . I study in final year of college. I want to apply for visitor visa for the tourism purpose. My parents stay in India only. I am unmarried and have 2 more years of study to finish to pursue my diploma. I have heard that if we tell embassy people that we have relatives there. They don't approve the visa. So my question is do I need to tell them that I have a sister there ?As such we are not in much contact she is married and has her own family.
And one more thing is if I have to disclose this how are u doing ? Do I do it ?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

1

Answered . Yes, Sir. You do.

2. Christian Schmidt

1

Answered . Yes, you must disclose any relatives in the US on the visa application.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You must answer all the questions on the application fully and truthfully.