TN through USCIS - do they perform background checks?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

What do the background checks include?

1. Kristina A. Gasson

3

Answered . Customs and Border Protection may take your fingerprints at the time of admission. That will access an FBI background check on you.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Yes, they do checks.

What it includes is top-secret.

If you are worried that something will 'show up' you should talk to an attorney before filing any papers.

3. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . They certainly do, but as my colleague correctly pointed out, the exact scope of their search is classified.

However, you can always contact an immigration lawyer to further discuss the matter, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700