Timeframe for a divorce in Las Vegas to be finalized.

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Divorce Divorce decree

I am the defendant in my divorce, and I am representing myself. (Pro se). My wife (Plaintiff) filed a complaint for divorce in late December 2011. We have no children and she has since moved her belongings and property out of our residence and out of state. As the defendant, I have filed, recorded and certified mailed all of the required documents within the alotted timeframes from 1/23 - 2/8/2012. As of todays date, there has been no responses from her attorney, herself or any additional documents filed with the courts in response to my filings. What is the time frame in which she has to respond? If she doesn't respond, how long will it take until I receive a finalized divorce?

Your question is too general to be answered without a consultation. Different time frames apply to different aspects of the divorce. The Court should be sending you notice of a Case Management Conference. Following the conference, you should receive a trial order setting forth time frames for discovery. At any time prior to trial, you and your spouse can agree on terms and prove up your divorce.

Recommended articles about Divorce