Time to receive I-129 receipt number from USCIS for H1B change of employer regular processing from the date of fedex delivery.

Asked 10 months ago - Nashville, TN

What is the approximate time to receive I-129 receipt number from USCIS for H1B change of employer regular processing from the date of fedex delivery to USCIS. Mine package was delivered on May 31st, as part of regular processing, I havent received receipt number yet. Please let me know.
Thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . You will not receive a receipt. Your employer and his attorney will.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . If you are the employee YOU won't get the receipt.

That is the property of the employer and CIS normally sends it to the employer's immigration attorney.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Usually takes 10-17 days from date of receipt at the USCIS service center the petition was mailed to. Ask employer to check on their online banking site whether the checks to DHS were already cashed. I can guarantee you they were. In the back of the check, alongside the endorsement information there will also be a case number. Note it down. That way you can make inquires about the progress of the petition, both at www.uscis.com and by calling the nationwide toll free number.

4. Beata Anna Leja

2

Answered . Regular processing receipts may take a few weeks to arrive. Assuming the employer's checks have already been cashed by the USCIS, the employer can view a copy of the back of the check (by contacting their bank) and the receipt number should be printed on the back. You can then track the status of your application online, and if necessary, contact the USCIS to resend the receipt notice.

5. Miroslava Orduno Rincon

2

Answered . It can take approximately 2 weeks for a receipt notice to be issued. Give or take a few days in either direction. The Vermont Service Center seems to take a bit longer than that, or at least that is my limited experience with them since 90%+ of my cases go to California. However, as Mr. Capriotti indicated, the beneficiary is not issued a receipt notice. Copies go to the petitioner and the attorney of record.

6. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . A couple of weeks.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.