Time to receive I-129 receipt number from USCIS for H1B change of employer regular processing from the date of fedex delivery.

Nashville, TN |

What is the approximate time to receive I-129 receipt number from USCIS for H1B change of employer regular processing from the date of fedex delivery to USCIS. Mine package was delivered on May 31st, as part of regular processing, I havent received receipt number yet. Please let me know.
Thanks

1. If you are the employee YOU won't get the receipt.

That is the property of the employer and CIS normally sends it to the employer's immigration attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Regular processing receipts may take a few weeks to arrive. Assuming the employer's checks have already been cashed by the USCIS, the employer can view a copy of the back of the check (by contacting their bank) and the receipt number should be printed on the back. You can then track the status of your application online, and if necessary, contact the USCIS to resend the receipt notice.

3. Usually takes 10-17 days from date of receipt at the USCIS service center the petition was mailed to. Ask employer to check on their online banking site whether the checks to DHS were already cashed. I can guarantee you they were. In the back of the check, alongside the endorsement information there will also be a case number. Note it down. That way you can make inquires about the progress of the petition, both at www.uscis.com and by calling the nationwide toll free number.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. It can take approximately 2 weeks for a receipt notice to be issued. Give or take a few days in either direction. The Vermont Service Center seems to take a bit longer than that, or at least that is my limited experience with them since 90%+ of my cases go to California. However, as Mr. Capriotti indicated, the beneficiary is not issued a receipt notice. Copies go to the petitioner and the attorney of record.

This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

5. You will not receive a receipt. Your employer and his attorney will.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

6. A couple of weeks.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Business topics