Time to receive I-129 receipt number from USCIS

Burbank, CA |

If an I-129 is filed for employer transfer today with premium processing (i-907) services, how long will it take to get the receipt no from USCIS? Will the receipt number come in mail only? Or does USCIS notify via email as well

With premium processing my office receives usually an email receipt with a case number from the CSC inLaguna Niguel the within 2-3 days of CSC receiving the FedEx package from us. In some rare cases, 4 days. The comes the receipt in the mail within a week.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

We receive the email confirmation from USCIS about 1-3 days after filing the petition.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC,, 888-645-6272, , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

The Premium Processing Unit will email an electronic receipt notice typically the following day (sometimes 2 days later). The original Form I-797 receipt notice will follow via regular mail within one week. Sometimes we receive the original approval and the receipt notice the same day (only in premium processing cases).

This answer is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. It is recommended that you seek out qualified counsel to review the specific facts of your case and obtain advice based on these specific facts.

Recommended articles about Employment