Ticket error

Brandon, MS |

I received a ticket for no or expired driver license from a state trooper but he really meant to give me an expired inspection sticker. Should I contest the ticket or should I plead guilty and show him my valid driver license and maybe it will be thrown out?

1. If it were me I would defend the citation on the grounds I have and had a valid driver license. And, by the date of the court hearing make sure your inspection sticker is current, too.

2. Tickets written by the Highway Patrol are tried in the Justice Court of ,in this case,Rankin County Mississippi.Take your ticket to your court date and when called to the bench show the prosecutor your valid license.Richard Wilson is the county Attorney,and he will probably dismiss the ticket.However,should you share your information about the officer's intent to ticket you with another offense,your ticket can be amended to show the correct charge,and the case will be prosecuted on the new matter.Good Luck

Legal disclaimer: This communication is for informational purposes only, and does not establish any attorney-client relationship, pursuant to the... more Legal disclaimer: This communication is for informational purposes only, and does not establish any attorney-client relationship, pursuant to the applicable Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct