Three wks ago I was hit by a driver running a red light. The at fault guy accepted fault. Police ran tags and truck was insure

Asked about 2 years ago - Lake Jackson, TX

By parents. Now weeks later I find out the guy was an excluded driver. Yet parents stated o me over phone son had permission to drive truck. Was this not negligent of the parents to knowingly allow their son to drive a truck the son is excluded from Ina's a driver on policy. Worse since the truck was insured. He at fault guy did not get a citation. Is it not illegal to drive without insurance. I only have liability on my work van. Now not only am I without work transportation, but can not work overtime for lack of transportation. Now not any of th parents or at fault driver are returning my calls. This is wrong and it seems we have no rights.

1. Robert Sterling Guest

Pro

6

Answered . You need a local personal injury lawyer to help. The good news is that most personal injury lawyers offer free consultations. Find the best PI lawyer in your area and set up a consultation immediately.

2. Sidney Weinstein

5

Answered . The best thing you can do is to consult with a personal injury attorney in your area ASAP to help sort out these issues and help you recover for your damages. Let the attorney handle from where you can recover and contacting the responsible parties/insurance companies. Make sure you report this accident to your insurance company so you are not denied coverage if there is coverage in your policy.

3. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.