Three suspended license violation is a felony, what im asking is driving offense come off after a period of time, but will this

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lake City, FL

it happenend in a span of 2003 to 2005, may of 2005, since then no tickets or any trouble

1. Tracey Lyn Sticco

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Whether or not suspended license violations become felony offenses depends on the basis of the suspension. If your DL was suspended for DUI, 893 drug conviction(s), Failures to Appear, or the use of a vehicle during the commission of a forcible felony, then yes, the third offense may be classified as a felony. These laws are extremely complex. Contact an attorney in your area to review your DL record and help determine whether s/he can assist you in possibly amending the dispositions of the older infractions.

2. Thomas Klemens Almquist

5

1

Answered . I'm not sure what your question is. Crimes do not come off your criminal record, with very few exceptions. If you have a suspended license charge in 2003, another in 2005, and then you are charged with another one now, in 2012, they can charge the new one as a felony. But just because they can, doesn't mean they will.
    Pleas consult with an attorney, or rephrase your question if that doesn't help.
    I have an office in Gainesville, I practice in the 5th Circuit. Feel free to call to set up an appointment for a free consultation. I can do it over the phone.
    352-378-5599 or tka@mutchlaw.com

3. David P. Gilbert

Pro

5

Answered . If you were habitualized (five year revocation) and you drive while you are revoked, then yes, you may be charged with a felony. If you are asking about whether these prior criminal offenses will "drop off" of your driving record, the quick answer is no. This is a common misconception - driving offenses never really "drop off" of your driving record, but normal civil tickets tend to have less of an effect after a few years because points suspensions span from 12 months to 24 months and insurance companies may sometimes only pull a three year driving record to check your history. However, the driving record that a Judge or prosecutor pulls up may span back 30+ years and include offenses from several different states.

To avoid further issues with DLWS, don't drive on a suspended license.