Three suspended license violation is a felony, what im asking is driving offense come off after a period of time, but will this

Lake City, FL |

it happenend in a span of 2003 to 2005, may of 2005, since then no tickets or any trouble

Whether or not suspended license violations become felony offenses depends on the basis of the suspension. If your DL was suspended for DUI, 893 drug conviction(s), Failures to Appear, or the use of a vehicle during the commission of a forcible felony, then yes, the third offense may be classified as a felony. These laws are extremely complex. Contact an attorney in your area to review your DL record and help determine whether s/he can assist you in possibly amending the dispositions of the older infractions.

i license were never suspended or revoked for non of the reason you mentioned

I'm not sure what your question is. Crimes do not come off your criminal record, with very few exceptions. If you have a suspended license charge in 2003, another in 2005, and then you are charged with another one now, in 2012, they can charge the new one as a felony. But just because they can, doesn't mean they will.
Pleas consult with an attorney, or rephrase your question if that doesn't help.
I have an office in Gainesville, I practice in the 5th Circuit. Feel free to call to set up an appointment for a free consultation. I can do it over the phone.
352-378-5599 or tka@mutchlaw.com

my license were never revoked or when i went to court they never said nothing bout a felony, i satisfied the court by getting my license, paying my fines and getting my license, and i got a copy of the depositions from local courthouse and no felony on non and they all say adjudication of guilt withheld on them

Thomas Klemens Almquist

Thomas Klemens Almquist

The withhold does not mean that it falls off. Do you have a new pending charge?

i don' t have any pending charges, havent even had a ticket since 2005 or no trouble with law

If you were habitualized (five year revocation) and you drive while you are revoked, then yes, you may be charged with a felony. If you are asking about whether these prior criminal offenses will "drop off" of your driving record, the quick answer is no. This is a common misconception - driving offenses never really "drop off" of your driving record, but normal civil tickets tend to have less of an effect after a few years because points suspensions span from 12 months to 24 months and insurance companies may sometimes only pull a three year driving record to check your history. However, the driving record that a Judge or prosecutor pulls up may span back 30+ years and include offenses from several different states.

To avoid further issues with DLWS, don't drive on a suspended license.

Avvo.com answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at www.drivenlegal.com.

my license were never revoked and , got in car accident and got ticket , i never payed ticket on time and my license got suspended, but i didnt know til i was stopped by cops, went to court but before i went to court i got my license, adjudication of guilt withheld, got a speedindg ticket and didnt pay on time,was headed to school and the went through road block and they said my license were suspended, got my license back before i went to court and adjudication of guilt withheld, and i got into another car accident with a semi, metal rod flew off truck bed and went through my wind shield, he kept going and i called cops and he gave me a citation saying suspended license and i didnt know for wat, but come to find out the dmv is jacks, florida had a mixup, got my license and went to court, then i went to get a job as a corrections officer they say i have a felony