Threatened and harrassed by mail, text messages, websites

Asked almost 2 years ago - Baton Rouge, LA

My boyfriend's ex-wife is sending letters by mail to my residence but do not sign them. Based on the content, it is evident that the letters are from her. She and and her friends are posting comments on my website as well, which have been deleted and reported to the website provider. Furthermore, she sends him text messages threatening and attempting to demean us both. She continues to attempt to break us up as she wants him back. He has made it clear that he does not want to be with her and that he has choosen me, however, she continues to harrass me directly and indirectly. What are my legal options to stop the harrassment and threats?

I contacted the local police as well as the Post Master General and Inspector General offices. The local police have advised this is a federal matter and possibly a felony as she is forging different company names on the envelopes and using her employer's postage meter machine. I believe this is beyond just childish behavior due to the more recent letter received since this post. The Post Master General referred me to the Inspector General and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

1. Barry Franklin Poulson

Answered . You can see an attorney about a restraining order, or beginning with a letter from your attorney. It may be difficult to secure the order, but your attorney can advise you after reviewing the material. Childish behavior may not interest the court, but this may go beyond.