Thought I was divorced, so I remarried. Divorce came thru 30 days later. Now what? San Diego County.

San Diego, CA |

Obviously, we are not legally married since she was already married at the time of the wedding. Do my wife and I need to annul and then remarry? or can we just remarry. We want to be married, and do this as quickly as possible, since several financial papers have been signed as husband & wife. Thanks so much. San Diego, CA

Technically your remarriage is not valid because you were still married. All you need to do is get remarried to make this one valid.
Valentine’s Day is next week, so good luck and a happy wedding.

Agreed. The second marriage is "void" and you'd need to do it all over again. Happy times!

Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.

I agree with the above attorneys' advice

the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case

Recommended articles about Divorce