Thought I was divorced, so I remarried. Divorce came thru 30 days later. Now what? San Diego County.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

Obviously, we are not legally married since she was already married at the time of the wedding. Do my wife and I need to annul and then remarry? or can we just remarry. We want to be married, and do this as quickly as possible, since several financial papers have been signed as husband & wife. Thanks so much. San Diego, CA

1. Edmund Lee Montgomery

Pro

2

Answered . Technically your remarriage is not valid because you were still married. All you need to do is get remarried to make this one valid.
    Valentine’s Day is next week, so good luck and a happy wedding.

2. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

1

Answered . Agreed. The second marriage is "void" and you'd need to do it all over again. Happy times!

3. John Naumovski

Pro

Answered . I agree with the above attorneys' advice