This question is going straight to benefits public attorney

Asked 7 months ago - Miami, FL

Good afternoon, my question is if i married an immigrant would I lose my section 8 housing? how would that hurt or effect me in any way? And I also heard that I will lose my SSA? Or I wouldn't lose it?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Yours is not an immigration law section. This is the immigration law form. Please repost in the public benefits section.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Answered . It will depend on whether the relationship has an effect on the household income.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

Answered . My guess would be that it is the combined income, not the status of your future spouse, that would be determinative. I will re-post your question under public benefits.