This question is going straight to benefits public attorney

Miami, FL |

Good afternoon, my question is if i married an immigrant would I lose my section 8 housing? how would that hurt or effect me in any way? And I also heard that I will lose my SSA? Or I wouldn't lose it?

1. Yours is not an immigration law section. This is the immigration law form. Please repost in the public benefits section.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. My guess would be that it is the combined income, not the status of your future spouse, that would be determinative. I will re-post your question under public benefits.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

3. It will depend on whether the relationship has an effect on the household income.