This my fiance 2nd burglary of habitation case. How much time is he looking at? and how much would it cost.

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

they didnt catch him in the home they brought him back to the scene. People were inside but he didnt take anything.Im a single mother of 3 trying to help my finace how can i get him some help

1. Shawn Moody McDonald

6

Answered . As Richard said, if he went to prison on the previous burglary then he is looking at 5 years minimum and up to life in prison.

Even if he did not take anything, but he had the intent to steal and he entered the home then he is guilty of burglary under the law. However, he must have made some type of entry into the home, merely looking into windows, looking for unlocked doors does not equate to a burglary.

Attorney's fees would typically run between $2,000 for a new attorney to roughly $15,000 for a board certified attorney, but everything is negotiable. If he qualifies, he is also eligible for a court appointed attorney. Most attorneys accept payment plans and credit cards.

I hope that helps.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

5

1

Answered . If he went to prison before he could be looking at 5 years to life. You should contact the local bar association about referrals for criminal defense lawyers.

Austin Burglary Lawyer

3. Matthew Patrick Horak

Pro

5

Answered . The range of punishment he is facing could be 2-20 years or 5-life. The prosecutor will evaluate the circumstances of the new charge and also the circumstances and punishment he received for the prior charge (and any other criminal history) to determine an appropriate punishment.

4. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

1

Answered . Well you could convince him to stop breaking into people's homes. That's a good way to get shot in Texas.

The range of punishment on a burg hab is 2-20 if doesn't have any enhancements. Attorneys' fees vary. You'll just have to call around to get quotes.

5. Frank Mascagni III

4

1

Answered . Burglary is a serious felony in most states. You need to hire a criminal defense lawyer in your area ASAP. I don't practice in TX, but we have several avvo lawyers that may respond, I'll defer to them. Attorney fees vary from individual lawyer to individual lawyer. Felony criminal defense lawyers charge based on seriousness of the offense, their time and experience, their overhead and case expenses, pretrial motions and hearings, trial by jury, etc. Call around and speak with several in your area.