This morning I failed the BAC test on an ignition interlock device on my car. Since this violates my probation, what now?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lees Summit, MO

first time DUI, one year probation, six months ignition interlock. court ordered by the state of kansas.

1. John Derek James

1

Answered . Well, it is especially difficult to answer this question as a Missouri attorney that does not practice in Kansas. Generally, a violation of your probation will lead to a prosecutor filing a motion to revoke your probation. They prosecutor could ultimately ask for enhanced conditions on your probation, a change to a different or more intense form of probation, or for a jail sentence. On a probation violation, it is generally come down to what the judge thinks should be done - which could be exactly what the prosecutor asks for, something less or in some cases, nothing at all. I would contact some local attorneys immediately to discuss your situation and to the process as painless as possible and to do all they can to protect your rights.

2. Lawrence E. Wines

Answered . You want to try to remember every detail of the evening before. One important issue is was the condition of probation that you allegedly violated. Was it no drinking at all or no drinking and driving?

Hire an attorney a do discovery of the activity and maintenance a this IID unit.