THIS IS THE FRIST TIME IAM DEALING WITH THIS AND IAM TRYING TO UNDERSTAND. MY HUSBAND IS BEING HELD ON A MTR FOR FELONY THEFT

San Antonio, TX |

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO HIM THIS IS THE FRIST TIME HE HAS HAD AN MTR JUST CUZ TWO OF HIS CLASSES ARE INCOMPLETE? EVER SINCE THIS CHARGE HE AS NOT BEEN IN TROUBLE AND IS DOING GOOD? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO HELP HIM?

1. The defendant with a felony mtr warrant needs a criminal defense lawyer. Generally, one of the best things a person can do for a loved one in jail on any sort of a felony warrant is to arrange for representation by a reputable criminal defense lawyer.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

2. When a defendant agrees to probration, he agrees to comply with 100% of the requirements, which often include classes. While a missed class on a first Motion to revoke is less likely to result in revocation or prison then a new offense or using drugs, it is a legal possibility. When I work with MTR clients here in the San Antonio area, I routinely recommend that their family try to bond them out, and then we use the time that I am able to get for them to make up whatever has been lacking in their probation (hours, classes, payments, etc.). Every situation is different, and so I would welcome the chance to talk to you directly (at no charge to you). Please consider giving us a call today.

3. You need to consult with a lawyer familiar with the court. Failure to comply with ANY of the conditions of probation can result in a motion to revoke probation, or a motion to adjudicate a deferred. Whether someone is reovoked depends on that particular court's tolerance of concompliance or violations. A good lawyer who is wiling to listen to you is the best defense. If you cannot afford one, the court will appoint one for him.