This is not a traffic ticket I received an official document stating that I need to appear in court for criminal charges but the

Eugene, OR |

Officer did not put his name signature or badge number on it .. Is this legal

It's not clear what kind of document you're talking about, but yes, you likely need to appear. The absence of that information is not necessarily a sufficient excuse to ignore it, whatever it is.

You should consult with an attorney before appearing in court on any criminal matter. You have the right to be appointed an attorney, at taxpayer expense if necessary, if you can't afford one. Contact the office of Public Defense Services for more information:

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

I would call a lawyer immediately to figure out what's going on. If it really is a court summons it should be taken seriously. Failure to appear can be a huge deal. Good luck!