This is not a traffic ticket I received an official document stating that I need to appear in court for criminal charges but the

Asked over 1 year ago - Eugene, OR

Officer did not put his name signature or badge number on it .. Is this legal

1. Jay Bodzin

4

Answered . It's not clear what kind of document you're talking about, but yes, you likely need to appear. The absence of that information is not necessarily a sufficient excuse to ignore it, whatever it is.

You should consult with an attorney before appearing in court on any criminal matter. You have the right to be appointed an attorney, at taxpayer expense if necessary, if you can't afford one. Contact the office of Public Defense Services for more information: http://www.oregon.gov/opds/Pages/index.aspx

Please read the following notice:

2. Emily M. Oberdorfer

Pro

4

Answered . I would call a lawyer immediately to figure out what's going on. If it really is a court summons it should be taken seriously. Failure to appear can be a huge deal. Good luck!

One or more answers have been taken down.