This is my first DUI. My blood alcohol content was .181. I work for the state. I need to keep my license to keep my job.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cleveland, GA

Is there a possibility I can keep my license? With the help of a lawyer?

1. Allen Rust Knox

11

Answered . Probably your only chance at a defense will be a legal technicality. DUI cases are sometimes won when the officer makes a mistake and the test results get thrown out of court. Very seldom, but sometimes, these cases are also won on timing issues. Only an experienced lawyer will know if you have a defense to this case. Otherwise, upon conviction, you will lose your license. The State may also terminate your employment. Note that you already are losing your license if you have not filed an appeal of the license suspension that was initiated at the time of your arrest. You have 10 days to appeal this suspension. If it has not already passed, you need to act quickly to protect your license for the time being.

2. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

Pro

8

Answered . There is always a chance that a lawyer could get the charges reduced or beat them at trial, so it is worth going in for a free consultationwith an attorney. Also, even with a dui conviction, so long as it is your first, you should be able to obtain a permit to drive to and from work. You need to find out what the consequences of a DUI would be to your employment before you see an attorney, and follow up on the 10 day letter the others have mentioned.

3. L. Ty Wilson

Pro

7

Answered . Speak with a DUI attorney as was mentioned previously if you have not filed for an administrative appeal within 10 days of your arrest you may already have your license suspended.

Ty

This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.
  4. Frank Mascagni III

6

Answered . You need to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer in your area that defends DUI cases and is aware of the driver license consequences in criminal court and with the DOT/DMV. Get a lawyer now.

5. Justin Spizman

Pro

4

Answered . Absolutely. Feel free to give me a call at 678-522-9540 to discuss your case.

6. George F. Mccranie IV

Pro

4

Answered . ABSOLUTELY!!! An experienced DUI Defense Attorney can review your case and find any possible defenses that are available. There can be numerous defenses that only a trained and knowledgeable DUI Defense Attorney can find and use to defend you. You are already aware that your Drivers License and JOB are on the line - you need to protect yourself and your career by getting the best DUI Defense Attorney that is available to you ASAP!!! I hope this information has been helpful! Good Luck!!! George McCranie IV www.mccranielawfirm.com