This is my first disorderly conduct charge. it is a misdemeanor 4. what am i looking at?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Columbus, OH

i was arrested for disorderly conduct and it was raised to misdemeanor 4. this is the first time i have been in trouble in 7 years.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Benjamin Louis Luftman

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The maximum penalty for a fourth degree misdemeanor disorderly conduct is up to 30 days in jail and up to a $250 fine. You could also be put on probation for up to five years.
    If you plead guilty or are convicted of this offense, the penalties you actually receive will depend on a number of factors, including the facts of your case, the court your case is scheduled in, the prosecutor, the judge and your prior criminal record.

    The responses of Attorney Benjamin Luftman to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more
  2. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Disorderly Conduct is tyipcally either a fourth degree misdemeanor (as you indicated) which carries up to 30 days in jail or a minor misdemeanor which carries no jail. In my expereince the court and prosecutors often fail to understand the difference between the evidence needed to convict of the m4 to the mm. They also fail to actually understand what conduct is disorderly and beleive whatever the cops say. I suggest hiring an attorney who can attempt to get the case resolved to a minor misdemeanor which means no jail or probation possible. Good luck.

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more
  3. Wilson Alexander Smith

    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . Honestly, if your record is pretty clean, you would get 30 days in jail with 30 suspended. Probably a $250 fine with something like $100 suspended and 1 to 2 years of community control with some possible conditions. However, I do not know the facts but that is my experience.

    Please remember that I have provided general legal advice and have not agreed to represent you in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,978 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,978 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering