This is my First and ONLY offense for a DUI. They are referring me to a 16 week aftercare, how do I get around this?

Asked over 1 year ago - Edison, NJ

Like i stated above, this is my First and ONLY DUI offense. I blew a .18 BAC, i completed the 12 hour IDRC program and went to my asessment and they still referred me to a 16 week aftercare. I have to get the interlock installed in my car. I have learned my leason and will NEVER get behind the wheel after drinking ever again. I need some legal advice on how there may be a way around the 16 week course.

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

9

Answered . There is no way around it. You do it or you get a bench warrant and don't get your license back.

2. Travis J Tormey

7

Answered . There is no way around it.

3. Benjamin G Kelsen

7

Answered . No way around it.

4. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

6

Answered . You were referred out because the counselors felt that you have a drinking problem.

5. Matthew C Simon

Pro

3

Answered . Its too late at this point. It was part of the whole agreement or sentence. Try to make the most of it. Sorry.

6. Kirk Christy Russom

1

Answered . You can try a different treatment program. If that program gives you a different result other than the 16 week treatment, the IDRC could go off that program's suggestion. However, if the result is no different, whatever they say goes. That's just the way it is.

You also can try writing a letter to the IDRC per the NJ Administrative Code, but the letter doesn't carry any weight as far as the IDRC making its decision. Good luck.

7. Kirk Christy Russom

1

One or more answers have been taken down.