This is my First and ONLY offense for a DUI. They are referring me to a 16 week aftercare, how do I get around this?

Edison, NJ |

Like i stated above, this is my First and ONLY DUI offense. I blew a .18 BAC, i completed the 12 hour IDRC program and went to my asessment and they still referred me to a 16 week aftercare. I have to get the interlock installed in my car. I have learned my leason and will NEVER get behind the wheel after drinking ever again. I need some legal advice on how there may be a way around the 16 week course.

1. There is no way around it. You do it or you get a bench warrant and don't get your license back.

2. There is no way around it.

3. No way around it.

Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 1415 Queen Anne Road, Suite 206, Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: www.kelsenlaw.com / Email: bgkelsen@kelsenlaw.com NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

4. You were referred out because the counselors felt that you have a drinking problem.

5. Its too late at this point. It was part of the whole agreement or sentence. Try to make the most of it. Sorry.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

6. You can try a different treatment program. If that program gives you a different result other than the 16 week treatment, the IDRC could go off that program's suggestion. However, if the result is no different, whatever they say goes. That's just the way it is.

You also can try writing a letter to the IDRC per the NJ Administrative Code, but the letter doesn't carry any weight as far as the IDRC making its decision. Good luck.

This post was prepared for informational purposes only and is neither intended nor shall it be interpreted to be legal advice or opinion or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Without meeting or speaking with you, the Law Offices of Apicelli & Costanzo cannot give you appropriate legal advice as we need to first understand your personal factual scenario. If you are interested in speaking with an attorney at the Law Offices of Apicelli & Costanzo, please visit www.trnjlaw.com for pertinent information.

7. You can try a different treatment program. If that program gives you a different result other than the 16 week treatment, the IDRC could go off that program's suggestion. However, if the result is no different, whatever they say goes. That's just the way it is.