Skip to main content

This is for a Criminal Defense Attorney

Waco, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I believe that a county court at law judge (not in this county) has committed a criminal act (a Felony). I do not feel comfortable going to the local DA, he and the judge are too close and I have seen other things which the DA has not handled in a proper professional manner when it comes to his buddies. What are my options outside the county, what the judge has done is pretty serious. Before you suggest the Commission on Judicial conduct this is really a criminal matter.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Criminal misconduct by an elected official is typically handled by the local DA. In instances where the local DA is also suspect, the jurisdiction falls to the Texas Rangers (the law enforcement agency, not the team). The Rangers can be reached at 512-424-2160. Good Luck.

  2. Consider contacting the Texas Attorney General at:

    By telephone:

    Main agency switchboard
    Public Information & Assistance
    Consumer Protection Hotline
    Open Records Hotline
    Press Office (512) 463-2100
    (800) 252-8011 or (512) 475-4413 (in Austin)
    (800) 621-0508
    (512) 478-6736 (478-OPEN)
    (512) 463-2050

    By FAX: (512) 475-2994

    The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

  3. You might also consider going to the FBI and the Department of Justice.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics