Skip to main content

This is a long question, it needs background info. if a dui charge is pending will the arrest show up in my criminal records?

Lawrenceville, GA |

so basically i was charged with DUI....had my court date the prosecuting attorney was ready to drop every thing because my blood work came back negative....But i need my arrest expunged....because i just graduated from respiratory therapy school.....they refused.,..

oh i forgot my attorny is taking this case to trail to get it expunged....

Attorney Answers 5

  1. The arrest will show until you have the case expunged. If the case is pending, it still will show. If you entered a plea to an underlying traffic charge like speeding or a red light violation, it will still show. The whole case has to be dismissed to get it expunged.

  2. A pending charge will show up on an arrest record. If and only if the case is dismissed you may be eligible to have the arrest expunged.

  3. Any pending charges will continue to show on your arrest record. You must get the case dismissed first and then you can petition the court tohave your arrest record expunged.
    Good Luck and be careful not to drink and drive!

    Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

  4. Your arrest will show up during any background and since you indicated you are represented please contact your counsel of record for an appropriate legal action.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

  5. If you are convicted or enter a guilty plea to any of the u deploying charges the arrest and DUI charge would remain on your criminal history. Under GA law any criminal conviction will remain on your Criminal History - FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!! In order to get the Arrest and Charge Expunged from your criminal history the case should be Dismissed. I cannot give you specific advise on your case because you are represented by an attorney. However, it sounds like your attorney is fighting hard for you. Good Luck! George McCranie IV

    The information provided in this response to a question is not legal advise and is provided only for general information purposes. My response should not be taken as legal advise as no attorney / client representation exists. Additionally, the information given in this answer is specific to the State of Georgia only and should not be applied to any other state.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics