Third Degree Felony charge for juvenile

Orlando, FL |

Distribution of Child Pornography

What is the potential sentence?

transmission of child pornography is punishable by up to 5 yrs in prison. Or a combination of prison and probation, which will include invasive psycho sexual mental health evaluations, and sex offender probation. Instead of contemplating what the punishment might be, why not discuss your case with a local attorney who can advise you of any defenses you may have, so that you can begin fighting your case! many of us offer free consultations. Even if its juvenile court, the same punishment will apply.

You are not looking at prison if you are being treated as a juvenile but you can look at commitment which can sometimes mean the same thing. You really need to have your parents contact a juvenile lawyer to see what type of resolutions they can try to seek for you. Our office is right across the street from the Juvy courthouse and as a result we have seen many many kids charged with these serious offenses and I can tell you the consequences can follow you around for a lifetime.

Please be advised that answering your questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or the Umansky Law Firm, P.A. Please also know that anything that you post on Avvo or on any public forum site is open to the public and therefore can be obtained by the Government to use against you at a trial or a hearing. Be careful what you post publicly online! Please know that most of the lawyers on AVVO are taking their time to answer questions for free, so please mark answers helpful if the lawyer helped you!

A 3rd degree felony is potentially punishable by 5 years in prison. Oddly, that is all you want to know, not whether there should be defensive motions to the charge, and we do not have enough facts to even give an opinion on that.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

There is a wide array of sentencing options. I've seen cases that were more appropriately sexting cases involving conduct that could easily have been categorized as Distribution of Child Pornography that was resolved without going to court. I have also see cases prosecuted to the fullest extent possible, where a juvenile was charged as an adult. Seeking the advice and counsel on line may give you some limited information but is likely to leave you with more questions than answers. I recommend you meet with a local lawyer proficient with both sex crimes and the juvenile system to discuss the case in a confidential and complete manner. If possible, it would be smart to meet with several lawyers and seek as much information as you can in order to make an informed decision as to how you should proceed.

Posting an answer to your question does not create an attorney / client relationship such that you can or should rely on the information provided herein to take action. Instead, it is intended to simply provide you with information. I am not your lawyer and cannot provide you with legal advice unless and until I am hired to do so.

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law