Third Degree Felony charge for juvenile

Asked 4 months ago - Orlando, FL

Distribution of Child Pornography

What is the potential sentence?

1. William David Umansky

Pro

3

Answered . You are not looking at prison if you are being treated as a juvenile but you can look at commitment which can sometimes mean the same thing. You really need to have your parents contact a juvenile lawyer to see what type of resolutions they can try to seek for you. Our office is right across the street from the Juvy courthouse and as a result we have seen many many kids charged with these serious offenses and I can tell you the consequences can follow you around for a lifetime.

2. Michael T Mackhanlall

Pro

1

Answered . transmission of child pornography is punishable by up to 5 yrs in prison. Or a combination of prison and probation, which will include invasive psycho sexual mental health evaluations, and sex offender probation. Instead of contemplating what the punishment might be, why not discuss your case with a local attorney who can advise you of any defenses you may have, so that you can begin fighting your case! many of us offer free consultations. Even if its juvenile court, the same punishment will apply.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

1

Answered . A 3rd degree felony is potentially punishable by 5 years in prison. Oddly, that is all you want to know, not whether there should be defensive motions to the charge, and we do not have enough facts to even give an opinion on that.

4. Amir A. Ladan

Pro

Answered . There is a wide array of sentencing options. I've seen cases that were more appropriately sexting cases involving conduct that could easily have been categorized as Distribution of Child Pornography that was resolved without going to court. I have also see cases prosecuted to the fullest extent possible, where a juvenile was charged as an adult. Seeking the advice and counsel on line may give you some limited information but is likely to leave you with more questions than answers. I recommend you meet with a local lawyer proficient with both sex crimes and the juvenile system to discuss the case in a confidential and complete manner. If possible, it would be smart to meet with several lawyers and seek as much information as you can in order to make an informed decision as to how you should proceed.