Thinking about attending an online lawschool? Any advice? Any things to consider?Have anyone here attended an online lawschool?

Baldwin, NY |

Thinking about attending an online lawschool? Any advice? Have anyone here attended an online lawschool?

I am a big proponent of online/non-traditional education (I received by BS through home study) but I don't think online law schools are the best way to go. Law school is not like other courses of study where you just pass on information (which would be suitable for online), it's a way of thinking....and I think that is a skill better acquired in person.

This is AVVO, a place for users to obtain general legal information to general legal questions. I am glad to help you in any way I can, within those limits. I wish to make clear I am only communicating with you for the sole purpose of exchanging such general information, and nothing more. It is not legal advice, which I can not provide because among other reasons I know few of the necessary details of your situation. I do not purport to represent you in any way, shape or form. Of course, if you would like to seek out my services, and if you are a NY resident, I will probably not put up very much resistance but representation would still necessitate a signed retainer agreement between yourself and I. Thank you.

I've heard of on-line colleges but not law schools. Is it accredited? How does the job market view it? That is a major question to ask. How do its graduates do job wise?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

I had a number of friends in undergrad who debated whether it was better to be a big fish in a small pond (go to a small law school with lesser reputation and do extremely well) or a small fish in a big pond (go to big school with better reputation and struggle to compete). I am not sure which, if any, pond you would be in by attending on line. Plus, what is the job placement, what employers would seek you out, if you are planning on being a solo practioner, who will mentor you. Iron sharpens iron.
Would you trust your car to an on-line mechanic, a school bus to an on-line driver, your kitchen to an on-lime plumber. How about your heart to an on-line doctor, or your mind and sanity to an on-line psychologist.

Every legal situation is unique and foreclosure defense involves a major asset, You should consult an attorney anytime you are involved in a lawsuit. The answer provided is merely general information and not intended to create an attorney-client relationship

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business