Skip to main content

They want me to pay child support but i think is way to much

Castle Rock, CO |

i would like to know where do they base to take so much when they dont have all my info .
and what can i do lo lower that amount .

Attorney Answers 2


Child support in Colorado is based upon both parties incomes, expenses of the children (i.e. childcare and health insurance for example) and the number of overnights each parent has. If you believe you are paying too much, you need to gather all your documentation and then file a Motion to Modify Child Support. Modifications are retroactive back to the date of filing. Most forms to do this are available on the Court's website - You can also hire an attorney in Colorado who can walk you through the process.

Mark as helpful


I am not sure who "they" is. Child support in Florida is based upon both parents income and the number of overnights each parent has. The more overnights with the child, then the lower the child support. if there is an existing court order regarding child support and you have had a substantial change in your circumstances like unemployment or lowered income, you may be entitled to get the amount modified. You need to see a family law attorney in Colorado sooner rather than later.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics