They set bail at $100,000. And bond at $100,000. Does that mean that I can't pay a bail bondsmen 10 - 15%. How does it work?

Bronx, NY |

Do I need collateral? I have a car and the rest would have to be cash. No property or land. Otherwise I would have to try to get the cash. I think he would function better in dealing with his case if he were to post bail.

1. This probably means cash or bond, as it is the same dollar amount.

2. first, bail bondsmen no longer typically charge 10- 15% in NY, the fee is generaly much greater than that.

the bail conditions mean that you can EITHER chose to go with 100,000 cash or pay whatever fee a bail bondsman would charge you on a $100,000 bond... it is your choice.

Our office is currently putting in place a PROBONO program for major felonies, i would assume that with such a bail the underlying charge could only be a higher level felony... feel free to contact us, if the case meets our requirements we may be able to take the case on at no fee OR at a highly reduced fee. you may reach us at 646-633-4563