They sent me a subpoena through mail? does that mean i been served?

Northridge, CA |

I was in the car the night my friend got a dui. I received a subpoena through mail to my friends house. I dont live at this address. would i get arrested if i dont show up? And does this mean i been served?

Since you received the subpoena and are aware of it you should not ignore it. No, you have not been served properly, but since you did actually receive the subpoena, no judge is going to let you use that as an excuse to avoid a contempt action if you ignore it. Get a consultation with a local attorney for further advice on how to proceed. It is probably best that you have an attorney present during the questioning.

The information provided herein is general information only and not legal advice. The information provided herein does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. It is important to have a consultation with an attorney as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Excellent response by Ms. Larkin