There was a portable hockey net placed on the sidewalk by a homeowner. I tripped and fell.

Vista, CA |

There was about 50% of the sidewalk blocked. I saw the net but stayed on the sidewalk to pass it because of cars driving in the street. I tried to step around the net but tripped on it and broke my knee when I fell. I will need knee surgery. I stayed on the sidewalk because I thought it was safer then going in the street when a car was driving there.

I had a similar case in which a sidewalk to a house was blocked by a large box, and a pizza delivery guy tripped on it trying to get around it, but I had to take it to court and recovered 135k. Contact one of the above lawyers to investigate.

2. I'm sorry to hear about your injury. What is your legal question, please?

3. You have an interesting case. There is no doubt that you have a real injury. I recommend that you consult with a plaintiff's attorney in your area to discuss you options. Do this right away. Also, make sure to take photos of your injuries as they progress; and if you can get a photo of the side, that would be good also.

Good luck with your recovery.

4. You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.