There's a prior dwli conviction on rord found out that there's a dwli tickets that is two years old in a diffrent county.

College Station, TX |

What is the best thing to do? What happens if I just pay the fine?

Pleading guilty to the Dwli will most likely trigger an additional suspension for a "like period of time". Spending a little money on a lawyer now, may save you a lot of money in the future. Your lawyer may be able to negotiate a number of remedies, including a dismissal in exchange for payment of fees and deferred adjudication on the new DWLI, which will keep you from having a final conviction. Also, there may be other grounds for dismissing the case out right. Hope this information helps.Sent from my I phone.

My answer is based upon the limited amount of information available at the time of writing.I am a Texas DWI Lawyer. If possible, hire an attorney who is a member of the National College of DUI Defense, who is familiar with your jurisdiction. Jim Butler- myhoustondwi.com, dwisurcharge.com 713-236-8744

2. If you simply plea "guilty" to DWLI and accept conviction, the conviction triggers additional mandatory suspension of your license. It could be years before you can legally drive again. Not to mention sur charges and insurance problems.

Get a lawyer and think about the big picture.

DUI topics