There's a prior dwli conviction on rord found out that there's a dwli tickets that is two years old in a diffrent county.

Asked over 1 year ago - College Station, TX

What is the best thing to do? What happens if I just pay the fine?

1. James Richard Butler

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . Pleading guilty to the Dwli will most likely trigger an additional suspension for a "like period of time". Spending a little money on a lawyer now, may save you a lot of money in the future. Your lawyer may be able to negotiate a number of remedies, including a dismissal in exchange for payment of fees and deferred adjudication on the new DWLI, which will keep you from having a final conviction. Also, there may be other grounds for dismissing the case out right. Hope this information helps.Sent from my I phone.

2. Jim Mitchell Medley

3

Answered . If you simply plea "guilty" to DWLI and accept conviction, the conviction triggers additional mandatory suspension of your license. It could be years before you can legally drive again. Not to mention sur charges and insurance problems.

Get a lawyer and think about the big picture.