There's a lawyer in Accra,Ghana claiming to be a lawyer named Barrister Williams Trudel.I don't think he is a legit attorney.

East Point, GA |

Claiming he has some documents he want me to sign in order to gain inheritance of some woman I met online.

1. That is one of the oldest scams in the world. Unless you want to lose all your money, delete and ignore such emails and NEVER answer them. Their goal is to empty your bank account.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

2. Oldest scam around, this time they just changed the location from Nigeria to Ghana.

If this Answer was of assistance please mark it as "helpful." Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

3. This is a scam. In no event should you correspond with this person.

4. If someone is asking you for money before they will give you money that belongs to you, it is a scam.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

5. That's awesome - after your done signing those, he probably has a deed to the Brooklyn Bridge to send you!

The answer to this question is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship.

6. "Ghana" + "some woman I met online" = scam. Bet on it.

7. Very, very common scam. Don't do it.

I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation and social security disability. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

8. I was gonna warn ya, but there seems to have been a plethora already!

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.