There must be some statue/law that prohibits my current wife's paramour from making threats to me if I try to see/get my child.

Summerville, SC |

All thanks to a local cop being bias, Yea, I said it. Make a promise and Allowed spouse to take our child, who had been living and in school solely with me over a year, from my care, and never returned child the next day as was promised by cop, to live life out of a camper and until now, they have been in hiding all over the US. My poor child. He must have something on my wife, good enough to control her decision making... or reverse. Something strong where spouse must know she will lose custody rights altogether

There is a few penal code sections that cover threats and harassment. Suggest you take your evidence (recorded or documented threats) to the police to see if a charge will stick.

Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.

Although the focus of your question seems to be on your wife's paramour, perhaps the better focus should be on whether your wife is violating the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act (PKPA) by removing your child from the state and, as you indicated, hiding your child in other states. This is a question that is best addressed by consulting a family court lawyer immediately to obtain an order returning your child to this state.

This response is for informational purposes and is not intended to convey detailed legal advice on specific issues. Transmission of the information contained in this response is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The attorneys of Futeral & Nelson, LLC practice law only in jurisdictions we are properly authorized to do so and do not seek to represent anyone in any other jurisdiction where this site does not comply with applicable laws and bar rules. This site does not make use of any secure encryption technology, and any transmissions to the law firm of Futeral & Nelson, LLC may be intercepted by third-parties. DO NOT send us any information that you regard as privileged or confidential. The lawyers of the Futeral & Nelson, LLC are licensed to practice law in the State of South Carolina. Readers should not act upon the information contained in this site or the linked sites without first seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in your area.