There must be some statue/law that prohibits my current wife's paramour from making threats to me if I try to see/get my child.

Asked about 1 year ago - Summerville, SC

All thanks to a local cop being bias, Yea, I said it. Make a promise and Allowed spouse to take our child, who had been living and in school solely with me over a year, from my care, and never returned child the next day as was promised by cop, to live life out of a camper and until now, they have been in hiding all over the US. My poor child. He must have something on my wife, good enough to control her decision making... or reverse. Something strong where spouse must know she will lose custody rights altogether

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stephan Victor Futeral

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Although the focus of your question seems to be on your wife's paramour, perhaps the better focus should be on whether your wife is violating the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act (PKPA) by removing your child from the state and, as you indicated, hiding your child in other states. This is a question that is best addressed by consulting a family court lawyer immediately to obtain an order returning your child to this state.

    This response is for informational purposes and is not intended to convey detailed legal advice on specific issues.... more
  2. Kathryn Mary Holton

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . There is a few penal code sections that cover threats and harassment. Suggest you take your evidence (recorded or documented threats) to the police to see if a charge will stick.

    Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,618 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,618 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering