There is three Trustee myself and 2 of my brothers are co-trustees can you explain what they each will do in the will.

Tacoma, WA |

Will a meditors help in a family arguing over blaming things on each other

Could you give a little more information please? Has the will been probated already, or is this a will that someone has just drafted and you are wondering the potential consequences? Does the trust mandate certain procedures for disagreements between trustees?

This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit

A mediator can help willing parties to work out their dispute. If the parties are not willing to work out the dispute, there is nothing a mediator can do. Mediation is voluntary. So, a mediator cannot force anyone to do anything.

Dispute among trustees/executors is often why nominating multiple trustees/executors is a bad idea unless a mechanism to resolve the dispute is written in the document.

If the parties cannot resolve their differences, the court will decide for them once a proper petition is before the court.

What you should do is review the specific facts with your attorney to see what legal options you may have.

It is important for you to understand that the trustee's duties are outlined in the trust documents, so there is no way to tell you exactly what your responsibilities would be under the trust. As for any infighting between co-trustees, more detail would be required to provide you with direction. If you need a referral to an attorney, try the local bar association or the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates