Skip to main content

There is an order of protection for me to have no contact w said party. They harass, threaten, menace me, what can I do?

Buffalo, NY |

A criminal case is how the order came about. I was the defendant. Although no violence was involved an order was issued for me to refrain from contact with the complainant. However, she has been following me and trying to have me arrested for violating the order. She has threatened me and my infant son, harassed me, stalked my place of work, ect. She has recently begun threatening my life after the charges were dropped by the judge due to her falsifying the police report to begin with. Police won't take a report, nor talk to witnesses. I am afraid for my safety and that of my infant sons. What can I do? She has the DA believing I'm violating and harassing her when I just walk away and avoid her. I haven't spoken to her in months and literally run when I see her.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If there's no order of protection b/c it was dismissed, try and avoid her. If you can't, go to the DA to file a complaint.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


Depending on what your relationship with said person is you could try getting an order of protection for yourself from family court.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer