There is a website with my mugshot

Asked over 2 years ago - Miami, FL

There is a website with my mugshot, and I don't know how to have it removed; what should I do, my worries come that it shows my address and it allows you to google map it. It wasn't a violent crime nor anything like that, are they allowed to do what they are doing? and what can I do to help myself I live in Miami Florida, and that is where my incident happened as well. Is this permissible ?

1. Robert John Murillo

5

1

Answered . I recall someone else posting many times on the same subject. As noted by my colleague, this information is public and it can be used as they are doing. If you want to stop this kind of use you will have to change the law.

2. Barry Franklin Poulson

4

1

Answered . The mugshots are public information and publically obtained. You can contact the web site host and ask them to take it down. This use of mug shots seems to me to be a tremendous abuse. A letter to your congressional representative would be a good idea. I do not, however, see how they site has violated the law.

3. Douglas T. Johnson

3

1

Answered . They are allowed to do this. In Chicago, the police department actually puts photos of everyone arrested (not convicted - just arrested) for soliciting prostitution online -

http://www.chicagopolice.org/ps/

Arrests and convictions are matters of public record.