There is a discrimination lawsuit pending in federal court. There is Title VI and VII violation.

San Antonio, TX |

Recently, I have received a termination letter from employer. They are asking me to come by and sign the 'release forms'. I am not sure if I should do it because I don't agree with the reason they have given me for termination in the letter. They are also asking me to return the keys and ID. I don't have any other property.

1. Obviously the keys and ID are the company's property so return those as requested. As for the release forms, I would recommend you visit with a Board Certified labor & employment attorney before you agree to sign anything. Simply obtain a copy of whatever they want you to sign and take that with you to a visit with an attorney. It may cost you a small fee to visit with someone who is board certified in this are but it is a far better option than simply signing off on a release without knowing all of the implications or knowing whether you may have a viable claim against the company.

Hope this helps.

Christopher McKinney
    Direct: (210) 832-0932

Civil rights topics