Theft by deception in lexington ky

Lexington, KY |

I am 34 years old and I was caught exchanging price tags on a few items. It was such a stupid thing to do. I have never been in trouble of any kind before. I am so ashamed and I haven't even told any of friends or family. I can't eat or sleep. All I think about is going to jail. Could someone please tell me if I may have to go to jail over this? And will this also go on my permenant record? I do not want to tell my husband or my family. I am to ashamed and I have definitely learned my lesson. The total amount was $146.00. Any information you could help out with would be greatly appreciated.

Call a Criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP, he/she will be able to answer your question. You made a mistake, you are not alone, many lawyers offer free consultations. Many jurisdictions offer first time offenders deferred prosecutions. Welcome to being human! Search this website for a lawyer. Good Luck.

I agree with my colleague. More information/details may be needed to provide you with a more accurate answer. Have you received a citation or any court documents yet? Was there any indication that criminal charges will be filed? Contact a local Attorney who has experience in this area and take advantage of a free initial consultation to learn your options. There may be some things that an Attorney would be able to do even before charges were filed, so even if you have not received any court documents yet, still consult with an Attorney to discuss what you should do next.

Responses provided by Joseph A. Paletta, Esq., and the members of this lawfirm are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering this question. 412.391.7999 aimee@lawyerpaletta.com

If it's your first arrest you will probably not get jail time.

first offense theft cases do not usually involve jail - even at that price amount. you are looking at a misdemeanor theft case. with no criminal record, you might be offered a diversion (can be dismissed and expunged) or probation (can be expunged 5 years after the case is over).

Get a lawyer in lexington to help you with the case to ensure you get the deal you deserve and that your rights are being protected by someone on your side.

You can reach Mark Solomon at (720) 722-2050 for clarifications to any answers here. This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship. This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mark Solomon Criminal Defense Attorney Solomon Law, P.C. 1733 High St. Denver, CO 80218 (720) 722-2050 http://www.solomonesq.com/

Theft By Deception under $500.00 is a class A misdemeanor in KY: up to 365 days in jail, max. fine of $500.00, plus court costs of approx. $135.00. Hire a criminal defense attorney in Lexington to represent you. www.kacdl.net

There may be a diversion program available to you to get the charge dismissed upon completion. Good luck.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..